
Sao Paulo governor wants Port of Santos privatization, though he is “open to alternatives”
Jan, 03, 2023 Posted by Gabriel MalheirosWeek 202301
The governor of São Paulo, Tarcísio de Freitas, stated, on Jan 02, that he will push for the privatization of the Port of Santos despite the federal government’s opposition, but said he is “open to alternatives.”
“I will insist on the privatization of the Port of Santos,” Tarcísio told journalists after a meeting with secretaries at Palácio dos Bandeirantes, the seat of the São Paulo state government. “But let’s consider a plan B.”
The governor, who took office on the first day of the year, also reaffirmed his intention to privatize the state’s sanitation company, Sabesp, and added that he considers suitable the same model applied in the case of Eletrobras, Latin America’s biggest power utility company, which was privatized last year by the federal government via the flotation method.
Source: BOL
To read the source material, please visit: https://www.bol.uol.com.br/noticias/2023/01/02/tarcisio-insiste-em-privatizacao-do-porto-de-santos-mas-diz-que-avalia-plano-b.htm
-
Shipping
Sep, 16, 2024
0
CMA CGM updates dangerous goods additional surcharge from Europe to Latin America
-
Fruit
Oct, 17, 2024
0
Brazilian grape exports see uptick in September
-
Ports and Terminals
Jul, 28, 2022
0
Presidential decree includes Port of Santos in the National Privatization Program
-
Grains
Nov, 28, 2023
0
Argentina’s Customs Launches Probe into Soybean Imports Overbilling